NBHM provides partial or full travel assistance to mathematicians for attending conferences, symposia, summer schools etc. within the country or abroad.
A candidate can apply for the award of NBHM TRAVEL GRANT any time to NBHM Office.
The Application Form can be obtained from this website under the Form Section OR NBHM Office through email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duly filled in Application for financial support should reach NBHM at least three months before the Date of Commencement of Journey. Please read the instructions in the Application Form carefully before filling the form.
- NBHM should receive the application at least 3 months before the date of the programme.
- A duly filled in form along with enclosures completed in all respect should be sent by Post, and scanned copy of the entire set of documents by Email.
Postal Address: The Member Secretary
National Board for Higher Mathematics
Anushakti Bhavan, OYC Bldg.
CSM Marg, Mumbai 400 001
Email IDs: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- NBHM does not offer support to cover living expenses. On the other hand while evaluating the application, considerable weight is given to:
(a) support for local hospitality offered by organizers of the programme
(b) a longer stay supported by the hosts.
Enclose copy of letter from organizers as evidence of support for local hospitality.
- The air travel on Government account both Domestic and International travel can be made by private airlines. Tickets shall be purchased only through the three authorized agencies viz. Balmer & Lawrie, IRCTC and Ashok Travels.
- The travel grant may be utilized to cover two-way train journey by 3-tier AC or bus journey and related taxi charges required to reach the nearest airport from the place of residences in India. It can also be utilized for Two-way second-class train journey or bus journey and related taxi charges to the nearest airport from the place of residence in the country visited. The unspent balance must be returned to DAE.
- All receipts / vouchers / tickets for airfares / train fares / bus fares / taxi fares, boarding passes accommodation, registration fee etc. (original) must be preserved for later submission to the parent institution/ NBHM.
- Travel grant covers health insurance and visa fee as per rules.