NBHM operates a scheme to extend financial support to the libraries of various Universities and Institutions. In India, Mathematics departments at Universities and institutions at postgraduate level may apply for financial support for their libraries; the form is provided in the forms section of this website. The following libraries have been identified by NBHM as "Regional Libraries":
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Sardar Patel University, Anand
These Regional Libraries are expected to cater to the needs of the region in which they are located and are open to mathematicians of the region for consultation and inter-university borrowing. Photocopying facilities are available at these libraries at nominal costs. The regional libraries, (1-9) are given an annual library grant of Rs 43,00,000/- (Rs. Forty three lakh only) by NBHM.
In addition to the regional libraries, mathematics departments of several universities receive grants of varying amounts from NBHM. The departments desirous of receiving grants may apply to NBHM on the prescribed form obtainable from the office of NBHM.
NBHM has constituted five Regional Committees to represent different regions and recommend grants to libraries from their respective regions. The regions and their jurisdiction are listed below:
- Southern Region: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu
- Western Region: Chhatisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat
- Northern Region: Delhi, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Panjab and Rajasthan
- North Central Region: Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttaranchal and Uttar Pradesh
- Eastern Region: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Tripura and West Bengal
The libraries receiving grants from NBHM are expected to extend their facilities to research workers of the neighbouring universities. The level of the grants is reviewed periodically.
Guidelines for Utilisation of Library Grant
1) Usually library grants for the beneficiary colleges/universities are currently getting processed in January-March. To be considered for Library Grant for the next year, it is advisable for the Utilisation Certificate to e sent within 6 months, and, in any case, no later than the end of the calendar year.
2) Along with the Utilisation Certificate, the beneficiary colleges/universities are required to furnish a list of books purchased with the grant along with Accession Numbers.
3) The beneficiary colleges/universities are required to furnish proof that for all textbooks purchased with the grant, at least 20% (and preferably 25%) discount has been obtained from the publishers.
4)Journals subscribed to with the grant must be in Mathematics and a list of journals must be supplied with the Utilisation Certificate. Journals in some allied subjects may be allowable based on consultation with, and endorsement of the Regional Coordinator.
5) The above documents should be sent to NBHM Member-Secretary (email@example.com) by post as well as email.